Friday, December 15, 2017

Tour of the States

Attached is a link to the "Tour of the States" song by Renald Francoeur. I shared this song with the class earlier this year and they loved it! It's a great way to learn our country's states and capitals. I gave the class a challenge to memorize the lyrics by the end of the year.  Let's see who is up for the challenge!

https://youtu.be/_E2CNZIlVIg

I want to take a little trip somewhere, yeah Places I've never been, yeah Going on tour without a care I want to take a little trip somewhere, yeah Places I've never been, yeah Going on a tour, tour, tour First, I'm gonna see Nashville, Tennessee Then Madison, Wisconsin, is where I gotta be, yeah Then I'll take a plane Well actually I'm afraid to fly, so I think I'll take the train Let's go! Going to Trenton, New Jersey; Frankfurt, Kentucky Maybe take a trip to Jackson, Mississippi Let's see what they can show me in Jefferson City, Missouri Santa Fe, New Mexico; Denver, Colorado Boise, Idaho, I love it every time that I go In 1492, he sailed the ocean blue, but next week I'll see Columbus in Ohio Grab a little sunshine in Tallahassee, Florida Take a bite out a peach in Atlanta, Georgia I've never been to Carson City, in Nevada, or Lincoln, Nebraska You can catch me in Phoenix, Arizona, or Sacramento, California, yeah St. Paul, Minnesota, maybe, Juneau, Alaska, yeah I want to take a little trip somewhere, yeah Places I've never been, yeah Going on tour without a care I want to take a little trip somewhere, yeah Places I've never been, yeah Going on a tour, tour, tour Boston, Massachusetts; Concord, New Hampshire Going to Vermont for Montpelier Montgomery, Alabama, then Washington D.C., to see the nation's capital Aloha to Honolulu, Hawaii Des Moines, Iowa, so peaceful to me Going to Springfield, Illinois, to build a little house on a prairie In Little Rock, Arkansas, I love what I saw Going back to Dover, Delaware, ‘cause I want more Indianapolis, Indiana, and Hartford, Connecticut, need an encore Smelling pine trees in Augusta, Maine I like Topeka, Kansas, I'm glad that I came But I've never been to Salt Lake City, in the Utah, or Richmond, Virginia Going to see Bismarck, North Dakota, and Charleston, West Virginia, yeah Annapolis, Maryland, maybe Lansing, Michigan, yeah Helena, Montana; Columbia, South Carolina Got to go to Pierre, South Dakota, yeah, follow if you wanna I'll be eating a banana in Baton Rouge, Louisiana Schedule that on my planner Friends say I gotta come sooner to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma So I guess I'm gonna But first I'm going to Cheyenne, Wyoming, then party in Raleigh, North Carolina Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, can't think of a rhyme for Pennsylvania So I'm skipping to Salem, Oregon, then Austin, Texas And then maybe Albany, New York, for breakfast Providence, Rhode Island, was a blast, and, Olympia, Washington, was just the best-est I want to take a little trip somewhere, yeah Places I've never been, yeah Going on tour without a care I want to take a little trip somewhere, yeah Places I've never been, yeah Going on a tour, tour, tour I want to take a little trip somewhere, yeah Places I've never been, yeah Going on tour without a care I want to take a little trip somewhere, yeah Places I've never been, yeah Going on a tour, tour, tour

No comments:

Post a Comment