I just wanted to let you know that we had a great first day here at school! There was lots of
- sharing about the summer
- learning routines for... walking in the hall, recess, bathroom, work-time, whole group meetings etc.
- We worked on a "Top 10 Things to Know About Me" activity (ask your child what he or she chose to put on their list)
- We met classmates with a "Toilet paper square" activity
- We shared the book First Day Jitters
- The children had guidance for special
- We wrote and solved math equations on a "Figure Me out" activity
- we did some ice breakers including one called, "4 square questions"
Thank you so much for sending in so many school supplies! The students will LOVE using them this year.
Tonight you will find a RED FOLDER in your child's back pack. This is their homework/notices folder. This folder should come to school with your child each day and come home with your child each night. Tonight you will find a brown bag in your child's folder. For homework, the students were asked to put an object in their brown bag that tells the class something about them (for example: picture, sports trophy, etc). It can be any object that fits in the bag. They will be sharing their objects with the class tomorrow. Keep an eye out for some important back to school forms in their red folder.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.